BSc, RMN, DPSN, DPSI, DipCP, BSSM
MBACP Accredited Psychotherapist (32711)
COSRT Accredited Psychosexual Therapist (580)
Chi Ko is a trained Addiction Therapist, using EMDR for addiction and trauma. He is also a BACP Accredited Psychotherapist, COSRT Accredited Psychosexual Therapist, and Registered Mental Health Nurse.
Chi is professionally Accredited by BACP as a Psychotherapist and by COSRT as a Accredited Psychosexual Therapist. He is also an experienced therapist with over 25 year working in psychological well-being. Chi has a diploma in working with couples and individuals affected by sexual addiction. Prior to Chi’s counselling career, he was a qualified and registered Mental Health Practitioner, working with individuals from diverse backgrounds with an eastern approach and philosophy. Chi also currently provides bereavement counselling for St Catherine’s Hospice in Preston.
In addition to this, Chi has provided training to healthcare professionals and community groups on addiction, also establishing a regional self-help group (THRIVINE) that has been running since 2003 and supports many patients and their loved ones.
Over the past 10 years, Chi has worked extensively with people with relationship difficulties and extended his work to individuals and couples who are affected by Addiction & Compulsivity.
As a supervisor, Chi has provided clinical supervision for nurses, counsellors, trainee counsellors and helping professionals for more than 20 years.
Chi works with an integrated and collaborative approach with individuals and couples. He also provides Co-therapy, when 2 therapists working together with a couple.
Chi works ethically and confidentially following the BACP ethical framework. He is fully insured and has up-to-date DBS. He is also bilingual speaking both English and Cantonese (Chinese).
Please feel free to contact Chi for further information: http://www.cosrt.org.uk/buddypress/members/chi-man-ko/
Qualifications and Training
- Professionally Accredited by BACP and COSRT
- MSc Psychology – University of Central Lancashire
- Post Graduate Diploma in Sex and Relationship Therapy – University of Hull
- Diploma in Sex Addiction – Therapy Institute
- EMDR part 1, 2 & 3 – EMDR UK and Europe
- Coaching for Counselling – Lancaster University Training Academy
- Diploma of Professional Studies in Nursing – Salford University
- Clinical Supervision Training – University of Central Lancashire
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision – Approved by British Psychological Society
- Registered Mental Health Nurse – Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy – BMC college
- ATSAC Registered Sex Addiction Treatment Specialist
- Specialist Training in working with Sexual Offending – STOPSO
- BSc(Hons) Chemistry – Manchester University
- Principal Psychotherapist (START Therapy)
- Clinical Supervisor.
- Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Accredited Member of College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT).
- Member of Association for the Treatment of Sex Addiction and Compulsivity.
- Member of British Society for Sexual Medicine.
- Member of EMDR UK and Ireland.
- Bereavement Counsellor (St Catherine’s Hospice).
- Psychosexual Therapist (Blackpool Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust).
- Behavioural Addiction Specialist/Psychosexual Therapist (The Priory Wellbeing Centre).
- Psychosexual Therapist (Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust).
- Community Counselling Specialist Psychotherapist (East Lancashire PCT, 2006-2010).
- Specialist Counsellor (East Lancashire NHS Hospital Trust, 1998-2006).
- Person-centred Counsellor (LGF Manchester, 1998-2001).
- Translation Officer (Manchester City Council, 1995-1998).
- Telephone Counsellor (Manchester Lesbian and Gay Switchboard, 1995-1997).
- Registered Mental Health Nurse.